Sunday, November 29, 2009

IN Hanoi.


Landed in Seoul, Korea. 5:30 pm. Good flight but any after 10 hours is long no matter where you sitting. Luckily, I sat on aisle seat, but the next seat was vacant, so I could stretch out a little more. Asiana is an ok airlines, but not as good as Cathay Pacific.

After we landed I had almost two hours to get to my connecting flight to Hanoi. As I was getting off, I asked about the connecting gate, got directions, and proceeded off. Well, right away the directions were wrong. Never having been here before, I didn’t know but then got redirected. The big thing is international airport now, is to go through “security” again. Why?? We never leave the area; we all just got off the plane and going directly to the connecting gate. I would like someone to give me the logic for this bureaucracy!! Excuse my rant, but I think this is just frustrating and a waste of time. First we all get in line to go through the transfer area, only there were no airport workers so we had to wait. By then the line begins to accumulate.. Finally, someone comes, a big discussion, and then they say we are in the wrong place. So, off we go to another transfer area. Now, if you are on a tight schedule, this could be nerve wracking. Now, this next place is actually moving, so we proceed quickly.. but of course, it takes time to get the coat off, open the computer bag, take off the shoes, etc... Then once you go through, they want you to collect it quickly and not hold up the line. HA! I took my time because this is where I get rattled if I am not careful..

No comments: