Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We have been given the Go

Last night, Pam, our leader, told us the school has given us permission to come today. So, today we are actually going to get to volunteer, so people will be excited today. I woke up to a little rain but yesterday was wonderful. No wind, and lots of sunshine.

At dinner, we had fish-two kinds, a white fish and salmon. It was very good. Some sort of vegetable too, but I don't know what kind. They always give you salad too, which is mostly lettuce, carrots and radishes. And the only dressing you can find is olivie oil and balsamic. The hotel has been very good, but no English. Yesterday, I tried to get my passport back from the front desk(you have to leave it with them when you first check in) but the man didn't understand, so he kept trying to lead me to the computer. Finally, another employee understood.

I played cards again last night. I am learning a new game. My roommate likes to play and is very competitive. Most people were in there rooms before 10 pm, but I stayed up until the end, and I am generally the first one up in the morning.

Well, I will know more tomorrow... Bounjurno....

1 comment:

Amiga Janice said...

Sounds like you are having a memorable experience, Roger! I can certainly think of worse places to be stranded by the swine flu than Italy! ;-) We are having more and more cases pop up here in Texas. Yesterday Ft. Worth school district closed all schools until "at least May 11." In Dallas we had our first school closure today due to a confirmed case, and there are rumors swirling around our school that some students are sick, but no closure yet.

Already from what I have read of your blog, I think I would like the Italy GV experience.

No mention yet of gelato--surely you've had some??